First, make mushroom broth. Srsly no short cuts.
- 1lb mushrooms,
- onion, charred leek, shallot
Second, turn it into gravy
- Soften mirepoix or shallots and fennel in butter
- Deglaze slowly with a half bottle dry Sherry
- Simmer with garlic, sage, rosemary, and thyme
- Whisk in a medium roux and slowly add broth
Then, assemble and bake @400 30ish mins
- Add 2lbs maitakes / oyster / trumpets to gravy
- Mix in corn / fennel / peas / potato dumpling
- Add to pie shells*, egg wash sea salt and herb
*I like Thomas Keller's pie dough recipe, and making them into hot pockets, but a premade pie dough is just a good.